Is this an official build or still the "beta" build? Should I switch my settings back to non beta on steam?
Nothing better than making a vertical spinning mace and sending myself out into endless terrain. Always new ;p

A few things I did notice are that for the map, I cant get enough metal generated to make a vehicle. (?) :/
When I opt into beta, mine is 0.3.6. When I opt out of beta, I get 0.3.5b. Is there something wrong with my account? I've also noticed that other people online (mainly Youtube) have said that they don't have 0.4.5 either.
krobalis wrote:
When I opt into beta, mine is 0.3.6. When I opt out of beta, I get 0.3.5b. Is there something wrong with my account? I've also noticed that other people online (mainly Youtube) have said that they don't have 0.4.5 either.

Op out of the betas and then go into properties and Verify cache. It should download what you need. :)
by doing that you let steam check to see if your copy matches theirs, and adds what you are missing.
I am -very- impressed with this update! The terrain looks extremely real... like it actually feels like I am running through a forest in the rainy season. The view is just magnificent. I have noticed a few issues, though:

First off, not many resources are given at startup. I am spending most of my time trying to collect the metal needed to make a car. Is it possible for a car to be granted on startup? Also, when i actually got a car it got stuck within a hundred meters or so. Lastly, the character seems to take fall damage very easily, can this be decrease a little? He is in an advanced protection suit, after all.

EDITs:
*The vat will occasionally spawn under the terrain.
*Could hitting "Restart" also set the time back to morning? It is quit difficult looking for materials at night.

Thanks,
-nug.
Zeal wrote:
krobalis wrote:

Op out of the betas and then go into properties and Verify cache. It should download what you need. :)
by doing that you let steam check to see if your copy matches theirs, and adds what you are missing.

Thanks Zeal! That helped a lot. Unfortunatly, I didn't see the post on Youtube by the devs when they said "If it does not update automatically: - Right Click StarForge Alpha - Properties - Local Files tab - Click [Verify Integrity of Game Cache...] - Wait for process to finish. - Wait for game to download." This is going to be FUN!
Very nice update!

But the terrain has too many rocks/bumps in it which makes going over it (especially in a vehicle) very difficult. But otherwise this update is a huge step forward.

EDIT: Also the terrain seams are really obvious sometimes not aligning properly. And possibly boost the power of the vehicle. It's quite slow going uphill.
My reaction

L0LLz wrote:
But the terrain has too many rocks/bumps in it which makes going over it (especially in a vehicle) very difficult.

This actually seems to be a problem with the vehicle. The front grill is hitting the ground and limiting mobility.
Hell yeah! Will test it now. ^^