Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:34 am
Location: Inside your head, messing with your brain
|Steam Group Page- http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thestarcoalitionClan Website- http://thestarcoalition.webs.com/Who are we? What is our vision?
The Honor Code
- | +
- The Star Coalition is a tactical realism clan. What does this mean? In most games, tactical realism clans are rare. You will find most realism clans in games such as Arma and Minecraft. These types of clans focus on the thought of, "What would happen in real life?". I personally find this a very cool idea I would like to bring into StarForge. Let me give an example.
I used to belong to an Arma 2 clan called the 82nd Airborne Division. In the clan, you were treated like a real soldier, as the clan admins were, actual, real soldiers severing. If you did not arrive to basic combat training, you had a, "discussion" with the major (aka, you got yelled at). We had designated positions in the clan. For example, I was a pilot in training. The only thing I would basically do was fly people to combat zones, and provide CAS (I am a very good pilot in Arma). We would act very profession in combat, aka ask permission to strike an area with artillery, even going as far as coming to attention when an officer came into our TS lobby. This is (somewhat) my vision for the Star Coalition.
While not as hardcore as the 82nd, I do think it would be good to have some sort of discipline to the clan. Not exactly to the point of having to sit through a very unpleasant lecture given by your higher command, but still realistic enough to be taken seriously, like a real army.
- | +
- Now that we set down our vision, let me put down the code. The honor code is the three simple pledges all cadets sign to before graduating from Training, Stage 1 (we'll get to that later). You will be given three chances before your actions will have consequences. These consequences can range from a small warning, to simply being omitted from the clan. If you are considering joining, please read this over carefully.
1) I (you) will hereby pledge my allegiance to the Star Coalition. I hold my promise to protect it, and its morals from foreign oppression.
2) I (you) will hereby pledge to respect my fellow comrades in arms, and will hold my promise to not troll, harass, or otherwise make feel uneasy others while on-duty.
3) I (you) will hereby pledge to hold up my responsibility to the clan, and will hold my promise to not to shrike from it.
- | +
- These are somewhat akin to the honor code, but there will never be a risk of discharge from the clan. Note that this doesn't mean you can't go breaking these left and right, as if you break these in front of a high commander, it will be noted.
1) Never harass someone for there race, gender, backstory, or status.
2) Never be rude or sarcastic to those higher in rank then you, or those below your rank for that matter.
3) If you are a high commander, you will not talk down to other ranks.
4) Never come to training, in a game, or any other clan-related affairs under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
5) Never make sexual jokes, directed or not directed at anyone.
6) Never post porn, real-life killings, or gory images/videos.
7) Always arrive to training prepared and on-time.
- | +
- Enough about this protocol stuff, time to get to a more interesting subject, ranks.
Many things can earn you a promotion, and many things can get you demoted, be careful.
Cadet, First Stage
Cadet, Second Stage
Cadet, Third Stage
Private or Keplar (if you chose a vehicle management field)
Private, First Stage or Keplar, First Stage
Private/Keplar Honors (only achievable if hand picked by an admin)
Corporal Honors (only achievable if promoting from Private/Keplar Honors)
Sergeant Honors (I think you get the gist by now)
Sergeant Major (promotes from Sergeant Honors, or from High Sergeant)
High Sergeant Major
Lieutenant, First Class
High Lieutenant Major
- | +
- In your app, you will have to state which fields you want to train for. You can chose up to three fields, each requiring three training sections each (note, as StarForge IS an early alpha game here, most of these fields don't actually exist, just a proof of concept).
Infantry- Basic ground infantry.
Mechanized Infantry- Armored cars, APCs, and other support vehicles to back up basic infantry.
Armor- Tanks, and mobile AA guns will be operated by armor specialists.
Jet Pilot- CAS and Bombers.
Helicopter Pilot- Transport (Hip) and Attack (Hind) Helicopters.
Hybrid Pilot- Both jets and helicopters (requires six training courses, counted as one field).
Infiltrator- Spec ops trooper equipped with cloke and silenced weapon.
Advanced Sniper Specialist- Sniper equipped with powerful sniper rifle with high-res thermal scope.
Hacker- Spec ops trooper equipped with a hacking device to hack locks, etc.
- | +
- This is, again, more of a proof of concept then a real thing. Every week, for three weeks at the least, every enlisted cadet is required to attend BCT (Basic Combat Training). These training sessions will be scheduled throughout the week, by different instructors, for different fields. Every day has a different field. Schedules will be organized once the clan, and StarForge, is more developed.
- | +
- Richatu- Keplar
Kona- High Admiral
Kotla Hukaatir- Cadet- First Stage
- | +
- If you would like to enlist in the Star Coalition, a simple app is required.
Just fill out all the required information in the form, and hit summit.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UPNJwL ... w/viewform
Last edited by StarCopper on Sun May 19, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 28 times in total.