I build a small "shed" if you will for my generator and it stopped powering the power lasers around it.

I had two power lasers. Both on the ground. Then I build a one block height pad and a house around it. One side was open although this didn't seem to be the problem.

I moved a power laser on top of the building and it could no longer get power, after I had moved it, it was never powered again.

I tried moving the generator after this and the other power laser, but no matter what I did after that first power loss it was gone forever.
To what I understand, the field has to include the top half of the laser tower (possibly the emitter, however the top half is what got it working). From reading about what you did it seems like the field was only reaching the bottom of the laser tower.
The Generator was working fine and then stopped working after I moved it. You could be right about the height but I think the field is huge for a large generator.

This could be the reason the small generators don't work?
Thunderus wrote:
The Generator was working fine and then stopped working after I moved it. You could be right about the height but I think the field is huge for a large generator.

This could be the reason the small generators don't work?

Stack some blocks up and place the generator right next to the emitter and see if that works.