Steam Store Pagehttp://store.steampowered.com/app/227680/Current Version: v0.3.5b (766MB File Size)
The game is now downloaded and updated via Steam!
If you are unfamiliar with Steam, then click here
to be directed to their site.
Steam is a game client, allowing you download and play StarForge (as well as a multitude of other games).
Game not working properly? You're not alone. Post bugs or follow bug fixes at - http://www.forgeforums.com/viewforum.php?f=12
This is still a very early release. Mac version of the game is planned but a long ways away. Thanks for everyone's help with testing, we try and read everything and will also try to correct any problems in time.
Changelog from version 0.1.5c
to version v0.3.5
Known bugs in first ever multiplayer alpha launch:
- Online Multiplayer
- LAN Multiplayer - Chat
- Kick/Ban functionality
- Direct To IP connect
- Sync game via Steam
- Steam Support with overlay tab
- Steam auto patch support
- Min/Max player support customizable
- Procedural Weapon Systems
- Procedural Machine Guns
- Procedural Chainsaws
- Procedural Chainguns
- Weapon Crates
- Weapons create at different levels
- Better weapon physics
- New movement system
- Tight control for walking/running/strafing/jumping
- Crouching support and movement while crouching
- Prone mode and prone movement
- Fatigue system with breathing/shortness of breath
- Bullets affect players physics
- Fort Defense mode integrated
- Enemies spawn in waves from the distance
- Waves increase over time and become harder
- Vat fully integrated, destructable, and respawns players
- New simple A.I with physics enabled
- A.I now kills players, blocks, and your vat
- Blocks are now destructable, can be shot by weapons
- New graphics and sounds for placing blocks and destroying blocks
- New Metal 3D Tileset
- Resources are now spent when crafting
- Pallets now spawn in the map and by the starting position to give resources
- Weapons, items, etc. can now be recylced and converted back to pallets
- Weapons, Items, Etc. can now be tossed on the ground and picked up by other players
- Wood, Stone, Metal, and Oil are the first resources integrated into the game
- Trees are back. You can chop them up with the guns and then make em into pallet's by hitting E
- Players can pick up and move pallets using a physics system
- Major optimization on the cube merging/combining system making it support multiple cores
- Other various optimization
- Game needs further optimization mainly in the area of weapons and a.i. Too much slowdown. We are working on fixing this.
- Restarting a match may take some time if there is many cubes. Should be fixed shortly.
- You may experience an out of memory crash if you build too much. We are working on fixing this.
- Some sound stuttering and issues. Should be fixed shortly.
- Some menu issues after exiting a multiplayer game without disconnecting. Should be fixed shortly.
- trees don't sync between client and server when a client joins an already existing game that had trees chopped down in. Should be fixed shortly.
- loading times take a long time. We are working on fixing this.[/list]Our short-term plans for the next update (Steam allows autopatcher so updates will come much sooner):
- Buckle down and focus on optimization and making all our current features run faster and with less memory
- Keep working on networking code
- VehiclesHotfix 0.3.5b Fixes
- Activate, Respawn and Drop (default [E], [R] and [X]) keys will not trigger while in chat or other menus.
- Resetting the level or disconnecting does not cause lag; clearing of all blocks will not cause audio nor particle spam.
- Failure to connect to our servers to download StarForge account info does not prevent users from playing the game. (Steam account still required.)
- Pallets spawn rapidly in Creative mode - as opposed to almost not at all.
- The server host pressing [Q] will not cause server-wide slow-motion.
- Pressing [C] will not cause camera to switch to the camera positions of other players.
- Chat window has a history which can be viewed by pressing [ENTER].
- Chat history can be scrolled via your Mouse Wheel.
- Network connection status is logged on-screen while attempting to join servers, create servers, etc.
- Texture sizes reduced: 4x Smaller on Fastest, 2x Smaller on Fast, Simple and Good.
- Click here to see 0.1.5c Changelog | +
- "Continue" and "Enter" hatchstore buttons can be pressed anywhere along their surface.
- Enemies are significantly easier to kill.
- Removed dark spot in center of flashlight.
- Flashlight made brighter and wider; increased radiosity.
- Radiosity light source behaves more quickly in response to flashlight direction changes.
- Settings screen restored in Infinite Terrain level.
- Memory is continually released from the voxel terrain octree when no longer visible, minimizing memory consumption.
- Visibility range is further than before.
- Floating terrain peices are a lot less likely to appear, if at all.
- Character movement was tuned for ease of use as opposed to realism.
- Enemies spawn in a more appropriate locations than before.
- Enemy populations increase more gradually than before.
- Tuned neck joint to minimize excessive camera jerks from collisions.
- Faded skybox to black when underground, so it doesn't appear when edge of draw distance is visible.
- Shadows are now properly cast onto the voxel terrain.
- Fixed building with right mouse button.
- Click here to see 0.1.5b Changelog | +
- - Movement now is tighter in both strafing and turning speed.
- Jump has an animation
- There is a fall animation
- You can now guide yourself while falling
- Much tighter physics integration, less leg twitches ect.
- Craft Button now signals crafting
- Inventory now shows how much you have of each item
- Infinite Procedural Voxel Terrain with spawning enemies. This is the very first build of it, much more features coming soon! In order to play this level you much own a copy of StarForge.
- Click here to see 0.1.5a Changelog | +
- - New atmosphere and cloud system. Much more optimized than our last and should work on all computers.
- You can now buy items in our online store and play with them in-game
- 2 New 3D Leaf Tilesets added
- Full Inventory/Crafting system
- Full main menu system and In-Game Menu system
- Hologram system for placing objects, "E" key to delete objects, use scroll wheel to move hologram forward or back, and hold down left mouse to rotate hologram before placing.
- In Game Web Browser supporting flash and secure HTTPS
- L-Shape turret, will be useful for stopping vehicles in the future.
- Many tweaks and fixes to the physics movement system
- Enemies use physics to hurt you now
- Death and Blood
- New Canyon Level
- Multiple enemy sizes
- Space background improved
- Dynamic wind effects while falling and dynamic reverb
- Alot of other backend changes for optimization ect.
- Click here to see 0.1.1 Changelog | +
- - Fixed Turrets
- Parkour like movement(automatic jumping up blocks)
- Better performance
- Easier controls
- Improved cube building
- Delete Turrets
- Settings Screen
- Founders Club names listed
- New level
- Other bug fixes
- You can create infinite blocks and place them. Just go to the crafting screen, click on the blocks, then click the craft button. They will now be in your inventory where you can place them on hotkey slots.
- When in the inventory, simply click with you mouse to pick up an entire stack of your crafted gear. By holding and dragging you will only move one at a time.
- You will have to log in to play. Please let the store page(the one that loads after you login) load up fully, this is required for authentication.
- Digging is disabled for this update. It will be in a future update.Older Versions of StarForge
Hey everyone, some people were curious about playing older copies.
Versions 0.1.5b and older, do not require a purchase.
I had all of them still on my PC, so I uploaded them to RapidShare and MEGA.
Remember the older versions are unstable. They are probably missing features of the newer versions.
So download them at your own risk.Download LinksTileset DemoRapid Share MirrorsVersion 0.1Version 0.1.1Version 0.1.5aVersion 0.1.5bVersion 0.1.5cMEGA Mirrors
Try these if the RapidShare isn't working (if my max bandwidth is used for the day).Version 0.1Version 0.1.1Version 0.1.5aVersion 0.1.5bVersion 0.1.5c
Version 0.1 Notes
Voxel Editing (Digging): True
Creature Spawning: True
Procedural Generation: False
Currently the only build to allow the chopping down of trees.
Version 0.1.5c NotesBrowser-Based Versions
Voxel Editing (Digging): False
Creature Spawning: False
Procedural Generation: True
:Builder DemoMovement DemoCloud DemoMenu Demo